Wednesday, February 8

12 faint due to food poisoning

LARKANA: As many as 12 people, including seven women and two children, fainted after eating poisonous “Palli” in Sajan Agani village located near Larkana on Monday.

They were shifted to the Emergency Department of the Chandka Medical College Hospital for treatment and further management. The affected men and women include Afroze Khatoon, Sumera Khatoon, Babra Khatoon, Hafeezan, Senghar, Aijaz Agani and children include Zamir and Sumair.

Their relatives said that the affected people ate poisonous “Palli” in the lunch following which their condition deteriorated and they fell unconscious one by one. They rushed all of them to the hospital to save their precious lives.