Sunday, December 4
Shadow

CM approves removal of 1500 doctors

KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has approved a summary of Sindh health department that sought removal of 1500 doctors from their services for showing absent from duties since long period.

Sources at Sindh health department told that the Sindh Chief minister approved the summery to terminate the 1500 doctors from services who were absent from their duties since long. The new doctors would be recruited to fill vacant posts. The majority of doctors went abroad on ex-Pakistan leaves but never reported back despite repeated reminders while some were running private clinics and were not interested in government job.

Around 1213 medical officers, 139 women medical officers, 148 senior medical officers were absent from their duties. They never reported back to Sindh health department despite several reminders, show-cause notices and warnings. The Sindh Accountant General had blocked disbursement of salaries and allowances to the absentee doctors on the request of Sindh health department.

The Sindh health department has been paying million of rupees in account of salaries and allowances to these long-absent doctors. The AG Sindh has been given task to refund salaries and allowance.

Secretary Health Sindh Dr Fazalullah Pechuho told that the CM Sindh had approved the summery. He said notification would be issued on January 15, 2018.

He said salaries of these doctors had already been stopped through AG SIndh. He said the doctors had been removed from services over their failure to respond to the final show-cause notices sent by the Sindh health department.