ISLAMABAD:Pakistan on Monday again summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner J.P Singh Commissioner at Foreign office and lodged strong protest over the recent unprovoked ceasefire violations by Indian troops at line of control in Nezapir, Nakyal and Karela sectors. Two innocent civilians martyred and seven injured.
In a statement, the Foreign Office Spokesperson urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 ceasefire arrangement for maintenance of peace and tranquility on the LoC and the Working Boundary.
The spokesperson said the Indian forces are continuously targeting the civilian populated areas with heavy mortars and automatic weapons along the line of control and the working boundary.
He said the Indian forces have so far carried out more than 190 ceasefire violations this year, resulting in the shahadat of thirteen innocent civilians.
This unprecedented escalation in ceasefire violations by India is continuing from the year 2017 when the Indian forces committed 1970 ceasefire violations.
The spokesperson deplored the deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas terming it contrary to human dignity, international human rights and humanitarian laws.
He said ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation.