No phone call received regarding SHC CJ’s son: IG Sindh

Karachi

Karachi: Inspector General of Police Sindh AD Khawaja on Wednesday said that no phone call or message has been received from kidnappers regarding abduction of Chief Justice Sindh High Court Sajjad Ali Shah’s son Owais Shah.

According to Sindh police sources, IGP Sindh said investigation into the matter was underway as all the relevant officials had been contacted. He said that police and law enforcement agencies were trying hard to recover the CJ’s son as several suspects had been taken into custody from different localities.

AD Khawaja revealed that the incident happened about 2:30pm, but the family informed police at 9.15pm. He also termed Owais’s kidnapping as a high profile case. The IGP also criticized locals for not filing complaints over continuous criminal activities in the metropolis.

Investigation revealed that Owais Sah was abducted after full recce as the kidnappers started following a white car with SP 0586 number from Sindh High Court (SHC) till shopping mall in Clifton.

An eight-member investigation committee of police was also formed to probe into the matter. The security personnel had recovered the mobile data of SHC CJ’s son for further process.

Two eye witnesses had also recorded their statements in this regard according to which, four masked armed men got down from a white color car and allegedly took Owais with them.