One dies, eight faint as generator emits smoke

KARACHI: A woman died of generator smoke and eight others fainted in Korangi area of the city on Monday.

According to rescue sources, the family members were asleep when generator turned faulty and emitted smoke. As a result, a woman died and eight others fainted in Burmi Colony of Karachi’s Korangi area. The killed woman was identified as Sugra. Those fainted included Abdullah, Rabia, Afshan, Kulsoom and Saba.

The body and fainted people were shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for an autopsy and treatment, respectively.