COVID-19 claims 16 more lives in Sindh: Sindh Chief Minister

English Ministries Official News

Karachi, November 23, 2020 (PPI-OT): Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has said that 16 more patients of coronavirus died across Sindh, lifting the death toll 2,845 while 1322 new cases emerged when 10,837 tests were conducted. In a statement issued here from CM House on Monday, he said that 16 more patients of COVID-19 died, lifting the death toll to 2,845 that constituted 1.8 percent death rate.

Shah said that 10,837 samples were tested which diagnosed 1,322 cases that constituted 12.2 percent current detection rate. He added that so far 1,906,075 tests had been conducted against which 164,651 cases were detected, of them 89 percent or 146,466 patients have recovered, including 358 overnight. The CM said that currently 15,440 patients were under treatment, of them 14,818 were in home isolation, 12 at isolation centers and 610 at different hospitals. He added that the condition of 545 patients was stated to be critical, including 67 shifted to ventilators.

Shah said that out of 1322 new cases, 1065 have been detected from Karachi, including 416 from South, 355 East, 110 Central, 66 West, 61 Korangi, and 57 Malir. He added that Hyderabad has 83 cases, Jamshoro 37, Sujawal 19, Matiari 18, Shaheed Benazirabad and Naushehro Feroze 15 each, Umerkot and Ghotki nine each, Sukkur six, Larkana five, Thatta four, Tando Mohammad Khan and Badin two each, Dadu, Jacobabad, Sanghar, Shikarpur and Tharparkar one each. Syed urged people of the province to abide by the SOPs issued by the government in consultation with the WHO and other experts.

For more information, contact:
Press Secretary,
Chief Minister House, Sindh
Tel: +92-21-99202019(Ext: 336)
Website: www.cmsindh.gov.pk