Iranian mother rejoin Pakistani son


KARACHI:Noted human rights attorney of Pakistan Zia Ahmed Awan Advocate assisted an Iranian mother to rejoin with his Pakistani son and family in an amicable way.

Zia Ahmed Awan, who is also the President of Lawyers of Human Rights and Legal Aid (LHRA) briefing about the case said that this case was referred to him by the Pakistani Embassy in Tehran, according to a press release issued on Tuesday. He said an Iranian lady Azadeh Sardari had married a Pakistani man Nooman Khan in the UEA and from this wedlock they had a son, Radin Khan, who is presently about six years old.

The family later moved from the UEA to Thailand and finally came to Karachi, where due to some circumstances, Azadeh Sardari had to leave from Iran while her son remained in Karachi. The lady through the Embassy of Pakistan in Tehran contacted the human rights attorney Zia Ahmed Awan, who filed a constitutional petition with the Sindh High Court (SHC).

The court initially ordered to recover the child, as the mother had no contact with her son for the last six months and she was facing threats. The Preedy police on the orders of the court recovered the child. Later, the father of the child took a reconciliatory course, and finally, a written compromise was made between the couple. This written compromise statement duly signed by both the parties and their lawyers were submitted before the court.

Awan said that this was a challenging case and we struggled a lot but finally, we were able to get inked a compromise deal between the couple and the matter of the custody of the child has settled amicably and not only the Iranian lady was given custody of the child, but the family also again happily reunited. He said now the child would remain in the custody of his mother and go to Iran along with his mother, while his father would live and work in Pakistan.

However, the Iranian mother was jubilant after rejoining her son and family. She said: “I am so happy and thankful to my lawyer Zia Ahmed Awan and I appreciate the way the case was handled in Pakistan.”