Islamabad, March 12, 2019 (PPI-OT): 2nd meeting of the Standing Committee on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development (OP and HRD) was held under the Chairmanship of Sheikh Fayyaz Ud Din, MNA.
2. The Committee unanimously confirmed the minutes of its 1st meeting held on 12th February, 2019.
3. The Committee was informed that the Emigration Policy would be finalized by the Ministry within three months for submitting before the Cabinet. The Secretary, Ministry of OP and HRD told the Committee that two Visa Facilitation Centers had been established in Islamabad and Karachi for Qatar.
4. Secretary further informed the Committee that complete list of the prisoners would be handed over to the Government of Pakistan by the authorities of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia within 3 weeks.
5. Secretary also briefed the Committee regarding the working and performance of the Ministry and its attached Departments.
6. The Committee deferred the briefing on Overseas Pakistanis Foundation till its next meeting.
7. Dr. Haider Ali Khan, Mr. Fazal Muhammad Khan, Haji Imtiaz Ahmed Chaudhary, Mr. Aurangzeb Khan Khichi, Ms. Sobia Kamal Khan, Ms. Tashfeen Safdar, Syed Javed Hassnain, Syed Abrar Ali Shah, Dr. Mahreen Razzaq Bhutto, MNA’s, Parliamentary Secretary, Syed Zulfiqar Abbas Bukhari, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis and HRD and senior officers from the Ministry attended the meeting.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
National Assembly Secretariat,
Islamabad – Pakistan