Islamabad, August 04, 2022 (PPI-OT):The Standing Committee on National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination met in Parliament House under the Chairmanship of Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan Dhandla, MNA to discuss the various issues pertaining to ministry and its attached departments.
2. The Committee warmly welcomed the newly elected Chairman Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan Dhandla, MNA and assured to extend full cooperation for smooth functioning of the Committee. The Chairman thanked the Members for expressing confidence on him and assured to come up with the expectation of the Committee.
The Committee also highly appreciated the services of Mr. Khalid Hussain Magsi, Ex-Chairman of the Committee as he worked as a team to resolve the issues of the Ministry and its attached departments.
3. The Committee unanimously passed “The Federal Medical Teaching Institute Repeal Bill, 2020” (moved by Mr. Noor Alam Khan, MNA).
4. The Committee directed that Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination may hold a meeting with M/o Law and Justice to remove lacunas in the proposed legislation if any, and deferred the following Bills till its next meeting.
I. The Pakistan Nursing Council (Emergency Management), 2022 (Govt Bill)
ii. The ICT Tuberculosis (Notification) Bill, 2022 (moved by Ms. Uzma Riaz, MNA)
5. The Committee expressed annoyance over the absence of President and Registrar of Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) as their presence was indispensable to answer the queries of the August Committee. The Committee deferred the agenda of PMC with the direction that their presence might be ensured in the next meeting.
6. The meeting was attended by Dr. Nisar Ahmed Cheema, MNA, Dr. Samina Matloob, MNA, Dr. Shazia Sobia Aslam Soomro, MNA, Ms. Shams-un-Nisa, MNA, Mr. Ramesh Lal, MNA, Mr. James Iqbal, MNA and Mr. Noor Alam Khan, and MNA and Mr. Sajid Mehdi, MNA/Movers of the Bills and senior officers of the concerned Ministries/departments.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
Automation Centre, National Assembly Secretariat,
Parliament House, Islamabad, Pakistan