24 wedding guests, bride hospitalised in Hafizabad

HAFIZABAD, A joyful wedding celebration in Hafizabad took a harrowing turn when at least 25 guests, including the bride herself, were rushed to the hospital after falling ill from consuming unhygienic food, police said Monday.

The incident unfolded late Sunday night, casting a shadow over what was meant to be a joyous occasion. Among those affected were 13 women, 10 men, and two children, their conditions deteriorating rapidly after partaking in a meal that was later discovered to be tainted with poisonous substances. The tainted food was served in the Kaleke Mandi area of Hafizabad.

Swiftly responding to the crisis, rescue teams were dispatched to the scene, transporting the afflicted guests to a nearby medical facility for urgent treatment.

Authorities are now launching a comprehensive investigation into the incident, focusing on food safety and hygiene concerns. As the investigation unfolds, the community awaits further information and assurance that such incidents will be prevented in the future.

This unfortunate episode serves as a stark reminder of the paramount importance of stringent food safety standards, particularly in communal gatherings and events, to safeguard the health and well-being of those we hold dear.