COVID claims six more lives in Sindh, tells CM

KARACHI:Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has said that six more patients of coronavirus died overnight, lifting the death toll to 2,562 while 222 new cases emerged when 8448 samples were tested.

In a statement issued here from the CM House on Tuesday, Shah said that six more patients lost their lives while struggling against the virus, lifting the death toll to 2,562 that constituted 1.8 percent death rate.,

The CM said that 8,448 tests were conducted against which 222 new cases were detected. He added that so far 1,491,784 samples had been tested all over Sindh which diagnosed 140,756 cases, of them 95 percent or 133,474 patients had recovered, including 282 overnight.

According to the chief minister, currently, 4,720 patients are under treatment, of them 4,380 are in home isolation, six at isolation centers and 334 at different hospitals. The condition of 188 patients was stated to be critical, including 25 shifted to ventilators.

Shah said that out of 222 new cases, 136 have been detected from Karachi, including 56 from East, 45 South, 13 Malir, 12 Central, 10 Korangi. Thatta and Hyderabad have seven cases each, Jamshoro and Sukkur six each, Naushehro Feroze five, Kashmore and Tando Allahyar four each, Dadu three, Jacobabad and Matiari two each, Kambar, Khairpur, Larkana, Mirpurkhas, Sanghar and Shaheed Benazirabad one each. The chief minister urged people of Sindh to follow SOP to stay safe.

Leave a Reply