HARNAI:Three labourers were killed and five others in an attack by unidentified armed terrorists at a labour camp of a construction company on Quetta-Harnai road near Chaper Reft area of district Harnai in Balochistan province last night, security forces said Saturday.
The labour camp and two dumpers parked there were also set ablaze by the armed terrorists before fleeing. Spokesperson for provincial government, Farah Azeem Shah, on her Twitter Account tweeted that the labour camp in Chaper Reft area of district Harnai was attacked by unknown armed terrorists. As a result, three labourers embraced martyrdom and five others sustained injuries.
On the other hand, Deputy Commissioner, Harnai, Sardar Muhammad Rafique Tarin, said that two labourers of Marjan Construction Company namely Hameedullah Kakar, 17, and Muhammad Musa, residents of Killa Saifullah, sustained injuries in the attack while six other labourers were missing.
He said that it was not known whether the missing labourers had been kidnapped by the armed terrorists or they fled the site of the incident for safety. Deputy Commissioner, Harnai, Sardar Muhammad Rafique Tarin, said that both the injured Hameedullah Kakar and Muhammad Musa had been referred to Trauma Centre of Sandeman Provincial Hospital, Quetta where the condition of Hameedullah Kakar, who received bullet injury in the head, was reported to be critical condition.
Condemning the attack on the labour camp by armed terrorists in Harnai, Chief Minister Balochistan, Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo, expressed heartfelt grief and sorrow over the loss of precious lives in the cowardly act of terrorism, and the nefarious designs of the anti-peace and anti-development terrorists would not be let succeed, adding that the terrorists would soon be in the grip of law.
Separately, on her Twitter Account, Farah Azeem Shah tweeted, “I strongly condemn the terrorist attack on labourers in Harnai Chaper Reft area. 3 labourers were killed and 5 injured, labour camp was destroyed and vehicles were burnt. Forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation. 5 fully equipped ambulances from PDMA dispatched”.
In another tweet Farah Azeem Shah says, “Three ambulances from Ziarat were also sent with medical team. We stand with the grieved family and soon the terrorists will have to pay for their brutal act. Balochistan is on fast track of development and we will not let the negative elements sabotage our peace and development”.