PM condemns attack on Customs officials in DI Khan

By comment user Apr21,2024

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif on Sunday strongly condemned an attack on Customs officials in Daraban area of Dera Ismail Khan.

In a statement, the prime minister reiterated that such cowardly acts could not shake the resolve of the government and the fight against terrorism and smuggling would continue till their complete elimination.

Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif prayed for the departed souls of Shaheed officials and for the bereaved families to bear the losses with fortitude, PM Office Media Wing said in a press release.

He said that looking after the bereaved families of Shuhada was now a responsibility of the government and directed the chairman Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) to prepare Shuhada package for the bereaved families.

Those Shuhada who had been sacrificing their lives for the motherland and laying down their lives in performance of duties, were alive before Allah Almighty, he added.

It is to be noted that in the current week, at least six customs officials have been martyred in Dera Ismail Khan.

On 18 April, at least four Customs officials were killed in a firing incident near Saggu road in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s DI Khan.

Related Post