Quetta: Four members of a family were suffocated to death due to accumulation of poisonous gas in Jan Muhammad Road area of Quetta in the wee hours of Wednesday. According to rescue sources, four members of the family, including father and his three sons, died owing to accumulation of poisonous gas accumulated in a room they were staying in Jan Muhammad Road area of the provincial capital.
The victims were identified as Amanullah Uzbek, 50, son of Taj Muhammad, Hafeezullah Uzbek, 26, son of Amanullah, Muhibullah, 22, son of Amanullah and Qari Habibullah, 30, son of Amanullah, were shifted to Sandeman Provincial Hospital Quetta and later handed over to the heirs after fulfilling necessary medico-legal formalities. The incident has created a mourning atmosphere in the victims’ house. Further investigation was being conducted by the authorities concerned.